What we do
Parish Councillors represent their neighbourhood (ward) on the council, and meetings, which occur every month on average, are publicised in advance on the Parish Council noticeboards sited in each ward and on our website. Members of the public are more than welcome to attend, and may speak in the public participation section of the agenda. The range of topics debated includes:
- Campaigning on local issues
- Lobbying other agencies in support of local issues
- Supporting local improvement projects
- Joint working with other councils on issues affecting our parish
- Local planning applications
The Parish Council works closely with Cornwall Councillors, neighbouring parish and town councils, local neighbourhood watch representatives, residents’ associations, environmental groups and other agencies to try to achieve the best possible outcome for our communities commensurate with the amount of funding available through the precept.
Find out more about being a parish councillor.